Shevin D. Pollydore, M.D.
Shevin D. Pollydore, M.D., joined Peachtree Orthopedics in 1999. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and has a certificate in orthopedic sports medicine from the Hughston Clinic.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Spinal Injections; EMG/NCV
- Hughston Sports Medicine Clinic, 1999, Columbus, GA
- Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (affiliated with Johns Hopkins), Baltimore, MD
- Howard University College of Medicine, M.D., 1994, Washington, DC
- Princeton University, B.A., French civilization, 1990, Princeton, NJ
Education and Training
Dr. Pollydore earned his B.A. in French civilization from Princeton University in 1990, and his M.D. from Howard University College of Medicine in Washington, D.C. in 1994. He completed his internship at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (which is affiliated with the prestigious Johns Hopkins Medical Center), and his residency at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York. In addition, Dr. Pollydore completed a fellowship at the Hughston Sports Medicine Clinic in 1999 under the tutelage of Dr. Jack Hughston, who is considered worldwide as the "father" of sports medicine. He has served as team physician for several high school and college teams in Georgia, and was also team physician for the USA Amateur Boxing Club in Columbus, Georgia, the Columbus Redstix professional baseball team and the Columbus Cottonmouths professional hockey team.
Dr. Pollydore sees patients with low back and neck pain as well as general musculoskeletal patients. Overall, he has a very conservative philosophy. When necessary, he performs diagnostic nerve tests such as EMGs and also performs many spine injection procedures such as epidurals (both cervical and lumbar), facet and SI joint injections, medial branch blocks, discograms, spine decompression (via laser/catheter) and IDET (intra discal electro thermal therapy).
- Dr. Pollydore speaks French, medical Spanish, and several Caribbean dialects
- His personal interests include poetry, chess and literature
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- National Medical Association