M. Jonathan York, M.D.
Dr. York is a fellowship-trained surgeon specializing in sports medicine, minimally-invasive arthroscopic surgery and partial/total knee replacements. He has been practicing orthopedics at Piedmont Atlanta Hospital for over 20 years, where he recently served as chairman of the department of orthopedics.
- Orthopedic Surgery; Sports Medicine; Arthroscopic Knee & Shoulder Surgery; Partial & Total Knee Replacements; Fracture Care
- Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Emory University, orthopedics, Atlanta, GA
- Emory University, surgery, Atlanta, GA
- Medical College of Georgia, M.D., Augusta, GA
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- Graduated with honors
- Studied in Oxford, England
Education and Training
A native of Atlanta, Dr. York received his undergraduate degree in English from the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee. At Sewanee, he was captain of the football team and a NCAA Scholar Athlete. Following medical school in Augusta, he completed his orthopedic residency at Emory and his orthopedic fellowship training at the world-renowned Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, where he trained under Dr. Frank Noyes, gaining expertise in treating athletes at all levels of competition.
Dr. York is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in orthopedic sports medicine.
Dr. York has served as team physician for:
- The Atlanta Falcons
- The Gwinnett Braves
- The Westminster Schools
- Morris Brown College
- Clark Atlanta University
- Atlanta Christian College
- Point University
- Landmark Christian HS
- U.S. Olympic Beach Volleyball
- Atlanta Public Schools